Monday, November 30, 2009

Typhoid Pot

So, I let a pan soak because it was all potatoey. I've let this pan soak for longer with no problems. It's my "go to for everything" pan. Well, today it's got these blue-ish spots on it. They don't touch like anything, can't be scraped off, and after running it through the dishwasher, no change.

I would almost say it looked like mold except that would make NO sense.

So ...

What say you? What's up with this pan? (Also, the pictures don't do it justice. The spots are darker in person.)

Also, this pan is from the 70's or mid 80's. Certainly not a NEW pan. But distressing!

2 comments:

Melanie Van Wynsberg said...

Wow that is interesting! Did it gradually show up, or was it out of nowhere?

Sarah Ski said...

Out of nowhere! I dumped out water this afternoon, and there they all were.