So, about that Saturday.
We rocked K's wedding invitations. Her friends are both nice - I like them. It was fun listening to them, because they're still young and hopeful about things. They haven't been jaded by the real world just yet. But the invitations are done, K's happy with them, and they look great. I'll have to swipe one, one of these days.
Found out that at 4:59 Friday, a board member called E at the center and let her know that effective immediately, they're shutting down the center on Saturdays. My car being what it is, I don't feel comfortable taking another day. The joy of Saturdays was that even if my car couldn't make it, the boy could drive me. So basically, there's nothing I can do at the center now. It saddens me, because I believe in what they do. At the same time, the clouds part and the heavens sing hallelujah at not rushing around two Saturdays a month.
But the reason that I consider this blog-worthy, is why it irritates me...not that I have many details to spare. Suffice to say they're making very rash and political decisions that I don't think keep in mind what their mission is. I guess it's not saying much, but I find it very disappointing. So in one way, I'd rather I end up getting "pushed out" than to stay somewhere that will change for the worse. But when ministries/non-profits start behaving more like a business at the expense of their objective, I find that sad.
All that said, it's okay. I'm all for refining what I do so that I can concentrate on the stuff that will make me super awesome. I'm totally loving our writers this year for NaNo. I really am. That's all for now. Lots to do tomorrow, but overall, a less hectic week ahead for me. I'm relieved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment