I loved it because I thought I looked elegant. I liked to wear it with my brown gloves, and thought I looked real awesome. Then, in an event I sincerely don't remember, I must have left the coat at school one day, over a long weekend. By the end of that weekend, they had taken the coat and the lost-and-found bin was empty. I was so bummed. For years, I've wanted a coat like it, but there's really no way I've been able to justify the expense on myself. For the past few winters, I've had a nice lime green coat that has sufficed, but last winter I gave up with it when the zipper completely gave up and there was little down left in the sleeves. I spent the rest of the winter cramming myself into these starter jackets that are sized "medium". (It was a long, cold winter)So the boy has been nagging me to get myself a coat now for about a month, and I keep putting him off. Because of my weight and self-perception, I loathe clothes shopping and do it only with the grimmest necessity. There has been no enjoyment in it for years, because simply nothing looks decent on me.
I remembered my promise to look up coats at a certain website, so I did. Luckily for me, they were still running their post-thanksgiving sale. The first coat I clicked on was $35, discounted from $70. Also, it wasn't hideous. So here you have it.
It's an alright coat. Very ... bright. At least the boy will have no problem finding me in the store, eh? I'm not sure, but I think my sister in law has the exact same coat, but in black. Sorry for her, but I really don't think I could get a warmer coat for any cheaper than that. (You would think I would know what my sister in law's coat looks like, since she almost literally lives in it from October to April) :)My concession is that I would buy this coat, so long as I could get one that I adore when I feel good enough about myself to do so. (Insert long, rambly tangent that in the end, doesn't matter)
At least I'll be warm, and warm for cheap(er).

No comments:
Post a Comment