(I hope to live somewhere eventually that doesn't go so gaga over hunting. I'm sorry, I should be able to watch the local news without seeing dead deer. I think it's disgusting.)
This evening I went to crossroads village with K. They had their "ladies out" night. It was kinda a bust, in the whole "look at local vendors" bit. But the lights were beautiful, and the atmosphere made me want to squee and drool. Walking into the old houses, lit by candles and oil lamps ... it was ... I can't even describe it. It, more than any time I've been there, made me feel like I was back in time or something. There was tea and biscuits with this incredible jam (I must go back to get some eventually), and these pumpkin cakes that ... drool. The church Matt and I were married in was open and lit up. It was gorgeous. I hardly remember being in there other than seeing the sweat run down Matt's face. (So hot. So not air conditioned. So many people.) I'm so glad we went.
Beyond that, I don't think I have anything intelligent to say. I've started roughly editing Roselyn's Legacy. I'm a little disconcerted by all the red, but Matt tells me that if I weren't finding anything, I should be more worried. I'm trying to get the first round of hack n slash out of the way so that I have a better draft to get opinions on. Also intend to finish The Zoe Project this month.
And if that doesn't make me sound intelligent and important, I don't know what does.
... I want to bake something. Badly. Maybe tomorrow?
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment