Sunday, November 15, 2009

Adventures in caffeine

I'll address the rest of the day in another post, I think. This is just about what transpired last night. I got home, brutally exhausted, but I really wanted to spend some time with Matt. So I said, hey, let's go get Tim Hortons coffee, since I've been craving it. (Their toffee cappuccino is really good) So we did. Then we went to walmart.

Medium toffee cappuccino + walmart + dehydrated + tired = Wow. Bad.

I was almost literally bouncing off the walls. My hands were shaking, and I couldn't stand still to look at anything, because I was pacing back and forth. Then I almost had to re-arrange the whole magazine aisle because things were out of order. Apparently I get a little OCD when I'm on the caffeine buzz. It was bad. So bad.

What's *badder* than bad is that I really shouldn't have caffeine like that, let alone when I'm tired and dehydrated - caffeine and sugar are teh enemy for my MVP. So this morning, I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept at all, and that I'd "overdrafted" my energy for the week. Bad.

But BOY was I incredibly enthusiastic last night. Totally not worth it though. I don't remember the last time I felt this physically awful without being sick. I feel like the kid who put their hand on the stove burner though. Feeling a little shy about caffeine. I might have to abstain for a while. >.<

On the bright side, I'm sure I was really FUN for a while. I also never need to get drunk or be on drugs. I'm a caffeine light-weight. :)

No comments: