I watched two people ... One just gave up. Started out to do something awesome, and gave up mid way because it got too hard. I can't help but feel they'll regret that later. Then there's the other person, who determined to see something through no matter what. Since this year has been beating similar concepts over my head, well, I knew that I had to try. It was better to try and lose because someone was genuinely more awesome than to never try and wonder if I could have done better.
It was hard...There were multiple days where I wasn't sure I could actually do it. A couple of the other NaNos are intense writers, lemme tell ya! (They're also writing two novels, which I think must be easier, because if you get stuck you can switch stories.) But I did it. Only by a couple of hours, but I did it. I realize it's not the goal of NaNo to compete against each other, but I really wanted to prove that I *could* do it. Now that I've got my 50,000 words, my goal is just to finish the novel by the end of the month. I also feel like I can focus on better encouraging the group. But yeah. I did something that I wasn't sure I could do. I feel pretty awesome right about now.
This post was made on the NaNo boards about it, and I just couldn't be more touched.
I knew, knew, knew when I approached NaNoWriMo about bringing @leianajade on board to the Michigan::Flint Red Hot Writers ML staff...... There was NO FINER CHOICE for an Official, CO-ML in training. NO. Finer. CHOICE.
During this month I have watched as our Sweet Sarah S has stepped up to the NaNoWriMo plate in more then one way. And now..............
Ladies and Gentlemen, Ancient's and Youth, Red Hot Writers from all OVER THE GLOBE AND CHRIS BATY - please join me in congratulating our very own Red Hot CO-ML in training as being the VERY FIRST RED HOT WRITER to Reach 50K
Sarah S. I sit here in Kansas, in tears....... so very, truly, deeply proud of you lady!!!!
You truly are - THE GOOD ONE........ :)
Congratulations @leianajade for your incredible leadership, encouragement and most of all achievement this month.
OORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment