Sunday, November 29, 2009

(Almost) Wordless Weekend

I wanted to do 30 blogs in 30 days, but oi vey. I'm really just not that interesting, people. That's not me being self-deprecating, I just think it's honest. Of course, if I only blogged when I had something profound to share, it would be once in a blue moon.

This weekend I made the most amazing pot roast. It was a cranberry pot roast, where you basically dumped in some cranberry sauce and broth with the roast. Unfortunately, it didn't really taste a whole lot like cranberry, but it was still amazing. It was by far the best pot roast I've ever had, because it was tender and moist. Yumm *drool*. I also made mashed potatoes, stuffing and rolls. Of it all, the stuffing was the least monumental, mostly because I've never made real stuffing before and didn't realize that if you don't stuff it in a bird, you should put stuff IN the stuffing. Live and learn. We still ate it.

Also, the car is back in commission and giving brand new mustangs a run for their money. Alright, maybe not quite, but he's running fantastic. I really want to hear what my father in law had to repair, because it was so fast. I am so proud of that car. 19 years and still kicking. Unfortunately, this gives me pipe dreams of keeping the car for many years...which I know won't happen. So we'll settle for the next year, eh?

Tomorrow is the final NaNo write in, and I'm pretty thrilled with that. I feel like I'm ready to step beyond the safety of NaNoWriMo and do this thing called life. Also, while I know I'll be busy, it's always fun to change up the reasons why I'm busy. Being the same amount of busy with the same activities gets boring after a while.

I need to get on the ball and start my Christmas shopping. Now I know what I'm doing for everyone except for my mom, and I knew at one point, but now I can't decide. Bought what we're getting for my father in law, but that's it. Already feeling bah-humbugish about Christmas. I enjoy sending out cards, but presents are a burden sometimes. Also, the subliminal battle over how we're spending the holiday is on - Matt's insistent that we're spending Christmas DAY at home. Matt's mom wants to open presents with the six of us that day. I think he should tell his mom that he'll either do Christmas eve or day and let her pick. But what do I know? As long as I get to see the Sherlock Holmes movie that comes out, I'm good.

No comments: