Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The good, the bad, the December

Our region officially pwnd Chris Baty, with our 50,990.25 words to his 50,190. I'm so proud of our group. We were over 1,000 behind the last night, but we managed to pull it off. We had some awesome, dedicated folks.

Matt took the day off today because of last night. We went and closed out our one bank account today and it turned out to be waaay less complicated than I expected. So now I feel like an arse for not doing it sooner. Oh well.

This month, December, is what I would refer to as the worst month for me. We were extra lucky not to have any accumulating snow thus far (I did see you though, renegade flakes!) but it's inevitable that there will be snow this month. Snow, you know, being the big huge anxiety inducer for me. But it's also difficult because of Christmas. I put less stock in Christmas than I used to. We can't really decorate because of our cute yet terribly nosy cat. So the holiday is reduced to little more than a stressful set of lip service days where I would much, much rather be with my family. It hurts year-round to be away from them, but December is just one big reminder.

Naturally, I made this choice, and I certainly don't regret it. I'm happy where I am, happy with who I am, and I'm really excited about my future.

But I miss my family. Bad.

No comments: