Sunday, December 20, 2009

This is Cool

So, the boy and I have been raw fooding it up for ~a little over week now. Been having smoothies for breakfast most days for about three weeks now, but now we're eating salads regularly and trying some other things. Definitely still eating "normal" food for supper, and we haven't really gone so far as cutting out food that we like yet. But eating so much raw has made it a lot easier to eat sweets and other foods with a lot of moderation.

But that's not the cool part. The cool part is the boy's skin. It's not like he's had *bad* skin. It's just been really oily for as long as I can remember. He washes his hair and skin first thing in the morning, and by the time he comes home at night, his forehead in particular is very shiny and it makes his hair look greasy. Like, you just don't want to touch it, really. I noticed that his skin has looked a lot different, the later part of this week. No breakouts, and smooth. Well, we actively paid attention yesterday, and his skin never got oily. This morning, he had me touch his skin and his hair, and it was STILL normal. I'm really amazed.

If eating some raw foods for a little over a week can do that, what else can it do?

1 comment:

Krista Heiser said...

Wow! An unexpected benefit. I love that.

I've signed up for the Raw Witch's recipes. I know this is a bad time of year for me to try to cut out the sweets - they're everywhere and I have no will power - so I'm waiting to give the raw food diet a chance until after the New Year.