Monday, December 14, 2009

You're Asinine, Part II

In response to your inquiry as to why weather is no longer covered by the emergency weather telework policy please see page 16 in the employee handbook which states:

With today’s weather forecasting technology, employees have sufficient time to plan for inclement weather and traffic conditions. Employees are responsible for adjusting travel time to ensure on time arrival. ASININE does not pay for weather conditions.

Working from is only permitted on a pre-approved basis.

---

First off, does he expect that employees are little weather gods? If there's going to be a blizzard, are they expected to get a hotel a mile away the night before so that they can be dutiful little employees? Also, weathermen (snicker, snicker) are about as reliable as my thumb in the air for forecasting weather. Thirdly, things DO happen where people can't plan for it ... like, OTHER idiots causing accidents. So no, you can't always PLAN for these sorts of things.

But I digress. I'm probably being picky because I hate that company with every fiber of my existence.

Look at the last sentence. There's a word missing. The KEY word.
Working from ... where?

Yeah, I'm sorry. If you can't even be a douche properly, then you FAIL.

Completely. Utterly. Asinine.

No comments: