Last week, we went grocery shopping - I just can't, for the life of me, remember whether it was last Monday or last Wednesday. My days have been all messed up with having the boy home at random intervals and some days feeling like two days and stuff. At any rate, it was utterly ridiculous. (Oh, right, I think it *was* last Monday)
Anyway, I've been buying this harvestland organic free range chicken. They say that the chicken was never caged, raised humanely, fed good stuff, no hormones ever. I notice that the other chicken simply says no hormones added. I'm not sure if there's a real difference. I thought maybe at first that the whole "it was really good chicken" was just in my head. Because chicken is chicken, right?
NO. WRONG. I'm not a real fan of meat, but this chicken is really good. They package it with each breast individually wrapped (majorly convenient for me) and I tell you, this chicken just cooks up better. I really wrestled with it being just my imagination.
But last Monday, they didn't have the good chicken. So I had to go back to the other brand. Well, now I really am convinced that harvestland is better. The other chicken, let me tell you what, it smelled funky. It didn't taste as good. I can't really tell you *how* it didn't taste as good, it just didn't.
It makes me wonder whether there's something in like, how these animals are raised and killed. Are the animals that are all stressed out giving out worse tasting meat? Or is it a matter of what they're being fed. I can imagine that a human that eats cheetos and mcdonalds all the time would not be the same quality as a vegan, for instance.
At any rate, they had two packages of the harvestland chicken at the store today, so even though I didn't need them today, I picked them up anyway. They freeze well.
And THAT, my good friends, is my entirely random ramble for the day. Pretty lackluster, considering that I haven't posted in almost a week. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I could tell you why the other chicken tastes better, but then I'd have to kill you.
Or you'd be completely grossed out. :D
Post a Comment