For the past two days, Aeris has been obsessed with grocery bags. I had to pull her out of one yesterday, because I was afraid she'd suffocate herself. I don't really get it. Tonight, I was finishing up the last of my much procrastinated on Christmas cards, when Aeris proceeded to poke around the plastic bag on the table. I gave her a verbal scolding and had every intention of getting up to pull her out when it happened. She stuck her head through the handle. She felt the tension, freaked out, and backed up, which caused her to fall off the table. That's when all hell broke loose.
Mikenna ran to see what the problem was. Aeris was beginning to SPAZ OUT, when she collided with the dog. Mikenna, well, I'm not sure what she was thinking, but I think she thought Aeris wanted to play. So Aeris starts running around like someone shot a firecracker up her butt. I'm running and shrieking at Mikenna to leave her alone, Mikenna's running after the cat, and the cat is running in panic. We had a good two solid minutes of this before the cat somehow, in her hissy growling rage, flipped herself onto her back where I was able to yank the bag off her neck. Oh, and if it weren't bad enough, the excitement caused the dog to pee and the cat ran through the pee spot with the bag so both cat and bag smelled like pee. lovely.
So as of this writing, about 45 minutes after said incident, cat seems to be fine. She did come out from behind the couch after much coaxing. However, she seems to be royally PO'd at the dog. I mean, every time she saw the dog, she growled at her...yes, I said growled. I've never heard a cat growl before. So, Aeris has exiled herself to the office, which is an intelligent move on her part. It's blocked off, so Mikenna can't get to her there. However, Mikenna is oh-so-ticked that she can't see what's up with Aeris, so she's whining pathetically to get into the office.
I really do hope that Aeris comes out soon and they can resolve their sibling irritation at each other. I also hope that Aeris really is okay. I feel so bad for her.
And man. My cat is the klutziest cat on earth, I swear. This is the second time this year I've had to rescue her from some very odd situation. (The other being the time she fell out of the window and got her foot caught in the blinds) I really don't want to have to explain this to a vet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment