This week I started getting up around the same time as Matt, give or take 15, 20 minutes. I get up, stumble out to the kitchen, feed and water the dog, and make a smoothie/salad for the boy to take to work. I figure, if I can make his day a little bit better, it's great for everyone, right? When I'm done making his goodies, I go chat with him while he's getting ready. Kiss and a hug, shove him out the door and lock it behind him. ;)
With the weather being what it is, and in an effort to ease my brand new amplified anxiety over Matt's drive, I decided that I'd stay awake at least until I could see him pop online. But, I certainly don't need to just plunk my butt online and wait an hour. (Especially not an hour when there's no one online, waaah!)
So I sat down and smelled the smoothie...metaphorically. Smoothies really don't smell very much. But they taste delicious. I plunk myself back in bed (because it's warm and the animals are more inclined to curl up and behave their furry little selves) with the smoothie on the table next to me, and I read. And I breathe. And then, shortly before 7, I pop on the laptop and do my putzing. Then the boy hops online, and I rejoice, finish my putzing, and go back to sleep for a couple of hours ....
Because 5 am is an INSANE time to get up. And I can. At some point, I'm going to tweak the model. Get MORE productive first thing in the morning. But for now, I like the quiet of the really early morning. Whatever the day brings later, that's fine. I feel a little more grounded and focused having had the time to stop and smell the smoothie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment