I realize that I have the tendency to ramble on things that frustrate me in my blogs. I've managed to temper that a little, but sometimes I do feel like I need to make the extra effort to talk about the good stuff.
Mikenna is doing MUCH better. I think she's going to be getting a bath tomorrow to clean up that stinkbomb of a butt of hers. Once she's off the antibiotics, I think things will really clear up for her. For all intents and purposes though, she's a normal, happy little dog. She just cultivates havoc and destruction with her butt. She's been getting more cuddly in the last couple days, too. It's really only now that we'll let her be cuddly. I know it was really frustrating her when she was starting to feel better, but we made her sit on the towel. Now she's tucked happily between my legs.
So now I know that I need to clean the house. Badly. I did a load of laundry tonight, and I have fresh bedding to put on the beds, so that's a start. The floors need a good cleaning, especially. I'm not looking forward to this, but I know I'll feel better when it's all done. I'll have a lot less guilt about getting back on the desktop and having a little fun. :)
This week, I've been a little more intentional about watching my sugar and caffeine intake due to my lack of sleep. Not doing so is a really bad combination. Despite being tired, I noticed that I felt pretty good, and what was wrong, I could really tell was the lack of sleep. Today, I went ahead and drank one of those starbucks mini-frappuccinos. I was kinda tired, had slept, but wanted to get going. Let me tell you what. Within twenty minutes, I knew that I had made a mistake. I don't know how to describe it, but I felt a lot sicker. It was a bit of a bummer, because the crappier feeling still hasn't worn off yet, but it's also a little encouraging. It's not that I want to be someone that swears off all sweets and stuff (because I love baking too much to do that) but I enjoy this sense of moderation and control. I really do prefer making my own food to eating out for just about everything. Maybe if I can be intentional about watching the effect different amounts of sugar or caffeine have on me, I'll have more energy to do those things. I think it's a cycle ... maybe this lack of sleep is just what I need to kick me on the right track.
Also, on a lighter note, I picked up a shirt last week on clearance. It says "I'm too pretty to work". I find it hilarious...But I would work if I could find some. :)
I read today that too much cholrine in water destroys the 'good' bacteria in your system, which, in humans, hinders weight loss, because your system isn't digesting properly. I've noticed that our water can be pretty chlorinated at times, so I don't drink it. However, I know that quite often, I'm lazy and give that water to Koo. Ironically, the vet said that she had an abnormally low amount of that good bacteria in her system. So .. ya know, I knew I had a good reason for giving her Brita water!
Oh, and we did end up going to the ren faire today. I think we're going to go back next Saturday so long as the weather cooperates. It was SO MUCH FUN. I got some neat pictures of the Jousting tournament. Hopefully I'll get my work taken care of tomorrow so I can upload pictures to the desktop. I have a terrible backlog of pictures on my camera and it's driving me crazy!
I'm not looking forward to Matt having to work overtime the next couple of weeks...even less so if he actually has to put the time in IN person. Instead of getting home at 4:45, he'll probably get home at ... 6:15 or so. He's not going to be happy about that at all. Wouldn't be so bad if he weren't still going to get up at 5. Poor guy.
Anyway, overall I'm pretty optimistic about this week. But for now, I need to go to bed.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment