Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Welcome home --- NOT!

Meant to leave at 3:00 am. Didn't get to sleep until 12ish, so that was out the window. Left around 4:45 am, and fell down the stairs on the way out. I've fallen up AND down the stairs in the past 3 weeks, and so I have now met my quota. (I'm fine, btw)

We took our time getting home, figuring, hey, we don't have a dog for once! We can both go inside rest areas. So that probably tacked on an hour. Then we managed to hit rush hour traffic. Aren't we lucky.

My eye has been watering up the past couple days. How I love my chronic and weird conditions like blocked tear ducts!

We finally get home after 14 hours, and our constipated little Mikenna is ... constipated. Not JUST constipated, but I think she had a wad of (wait, if you get grossed out, you might want to quit reading) poop the size of two golf balls attached to her poor little bum - AND poop was actually stuck inside her hole to where it was dilated at least to the size of a silver dollar! Holy mackerel! I know this dog is sensitive to change, but I thought for sure leaving her home with Karen would be fine - she adores Karen. Anyway, I got her cleaned up (gag, gag, gag, gag, gag, gag, gag, gag, gag, gag, GAG!!!) and she's now sleeping comfortably on the couch. Probably a little dehydrated, and surely in some pain...but she'll be okay, I think. And for the record, it's not Karen's fault at all, and I feel really sorry for her...well, her and Koo. I don't like dealing with a constipated Koo, I can't imagine dealing with her if she wasn't mine.

But now Koo is sleeping, my eye has stopped watering for the moment, and now I'm just left with an aching back, butt, and the smell of poop wafting up my nose. And I'm hungry, but the smell of poop really ... offsets that a bit.

It's still good to be back with the girls.

1 comment:

Krista Heiser said...

Ug! That's definitely not the type of homecoming anyone wants to experience.