I decided to go to bed early last night and ended up falling asleep around 9. It wasn't a deep sleep and I woke up a couple times before Matt came to bed at 10. Then it all began. Koo has been really "itchy" lately and wasn't settling down. She was up, down, wandering around, and then at roughly 10:40, I heard noises ... she was in the bathtub. Silly dog. Well, I shut up the bathroom and office and plopped her back on the bed. Then, I had the following dream ...
Mikenna was whining and I got up to go find her. I noticed that the power was out on my way back to the bedroom. Wow, good thing I noticed. Then I look outside, and it's storming. After a couple of seconds, I realize that there's a funnel cloud headed our direction. So I wake up Matt and tell him to grab Aeris and meet me downstairs. I run downstairs and suddenly, the basement is huge (and packed full of stuff) I can't remember where we're supposed to hide, and I'm running around with koo, getting more scared by the second. Finally, I find Matt and I'm frustrated to see that he didn't bring down the crate, which means we have a squirming cat. I grab Aeris and force her and Mikenna down into a corner with me and we duck down while the tornado passes. We sit up, look out the window and realize that there is another one forming, only this one is much bigger and more threatening. (Side note: It was rainbow colored.) I know I need to find a better spot to hide, but with so much stuff in the basement, there isn't much of a choice. I duck down with the girls again and ask Matt to throw a blanket over me so that the girls won't be inhaling dust and stuff. He doesn't, the turd, and the tornado comes roaring through the basement, and starts coming right towards me ... Just as it's about to hit me ...
I wake up. I was NOT happy, and even less happy to realize that it was 11:30. Mikenna is up and down and whatever, waking me up almost as soon as I fall asleep. Around 1:30, she can't be consoled. So I give in and take her outside. Grumbly as I am, I'm proud of her, because lately she's been asking to go out, except for at night, when she doesn't seem to believe in waking us up. But she poops, and I make the trek to the dumpster, dispose of the poo, and try to get her to pee ... only, our upstairs neighbor pulls in, and he, without fail, slams the door on me *every* time so that I'm locked out. So I hurry inside before he gets to the door so that I don't have to use the buzzer and make Matt let me in. I lay down and I haven't had the blankets on me for two minutes when she whines again. UGH! I follow her, and she leads me to the kitchen. She seems to want water, but there's water in her bowl ... along with two pieces of dog food that had swelled up. I poured some food into her dish, but one look and she clearly wasn't appeased. So, I gave in, dumped the water with the food and gave her fresh water. I think her tongue was lapping before I had the bowl set down.
After that, she finally settled down. So I guess "whined all night" isn't quite accurate, but it was enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment