Mikenna seemed to be feeling better this morning. She and I were on the couch, and she'd more or less ignored my existence all night, but around 5, she leaned over and gave me a pretty good mauling. Didn't use her body, but her tongue still works. Then she wanted to cuddle, but I didn't want her to leave her towel, so I let her stick her front half under the blanket with me and she put her head by my elbow. Aww.
Matt and I took Koo to the vet at 9:30. Without going into detail ... That is a STINKY butt. I was convinced she was going to be ok by then, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything we missed and to see if they could speed along the healing. I'm glad we went.
The first thing the vet technician said after seeing Mikenna was "Oreo dog! I thought I remembered that name!" so apparently Mikenna is infamous.
Anyway, they ran some tests (they were rather insistant that "due to her history" she had gotten into stuff she shouldn't have. I still say stress.) and they found that she actually doesn't have enough bacteria in her colon. But they put fluid under her skin again to keep her from getting any further dehydrated. They said she wasn't bad, but I appreciate that, because it helps jump start stuff. They gave her a shot to help reduce the inflammation in her poor little hiney, and gave us some special food, some antibiotics, and they gave us some stuff to give her bacteria in her colon. (They threw that in for free. Woo!)
I don't love dropping $100+ on things like this, but it didn't seem unreasonable, it was less than I figured it'd be, and I love that vet. They're very good to us there.
Matt let me sleep in bed for a couple hours after we got home, which I really needed...poor guy, Koo apparently sat there and whined for me almost the entire time. As I was coming out to the living room, she was jumping on me like a little jumping bean, and when I sat down, she was on my lap in a heartbeat giving me a proper mauling.
So yeah. There's your Koo update for the time being. She's zonked out on the floor, and I'm contemplating a shower and eating. Mmm...eating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like she's going to be just fine. Glad to hear it!
Post a Comment