I don't think I have the brain cells to pull together a coherent post, so you'll have to suffer through my ramblings.
So Matt's got an interview. In Virginia. On Monday. We found out at, oh, 3:30 this afternoon. If that weren't frightening enough, the job would be a substantial paycut, and they'd want Matt to start in ... two weeks.
There you have it folks! Thank you and good night!
Not quite.
I believe absolutely that if this is God's will, He will take care of us. I have to believe it, because running logistics through my head almost sends my brain into shutdown. How on earth I could actually work these details out myself is beyond overwhelming, so I have to trust that someone can see pieces that I can't, and will help me in ways I can't see right now.
Also, I'd like to say upfront that if Matt gets this job, I'm going to be staying behind for an undetermined amount of time. I'm really not sure how long. But, concidentally, I haven't locked my keys in my car iiiiin ...almost a year. Aaaaand I haven't left my lights on in over a year. Yep, ah, I'm about due here.
So, ah, I have no idea what's going on with anything beyond that we're leaving very early Saturday morning and coming back Tuesday. I don't know what we're doing for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or even in two weeks. There's something very scary, and oddly exciting about it all.
Oh sure, it's exciting now. But if he gets the job, talk to me at this time next week. My brain will probably be mush. :)
It's with these visions of sugarplums that I leave you. Because I roughly ... oh, have to do laundry and pack for a trip tomorrow on about 36 hours notice. Thank goodness that I cleaned (most of) the apartment this week. At least, for once, I will leave a clean apartment.
If you don't mind sparing some prayers and well-wishes, they are more than appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Oh, wow ... didn't realize Matt had another job lined up. I wish you both the best of luck and hope you have a safe drive. Doing that long of a drive twice within a month's time ... I don't envy you there.
Yeah, Melanie told me about it... about ten minutes before the programming guy told me I didn't get the programming job.
PRAYIN! And you know Echo will be, too...
Prayers, you've got it.
Have a safe trip.
God bless!
Post a Comment