(Can you name that song? No cheating!)
You'll have to indulge me tonight. I need a "mopey/rambly" session. I'm not really mopey, I just need to vent, ya know?
My laptop is going kaput. The power cord started getting frayed a bit back, and the monitor has dead pixels that are slowly but surely expanding. It's been running slower, and then, the touchpad stopped working. Just when I fixed that, I find that my hard drive is out of space...which is rather mysterious considering that I just had 20 gb free ... So I'm trying to defrag, and I'm on day three of trying to defrag. (Granted, it's taking so long b/c I have to keep pausing it because I don't have the time to sit there and babysit the laptop for how slow it's going) I'm sad b/c the thing is only two years old, and, well, I hate when things break. However, I'm not replacing it, which is bittersweet. I'm overall just more productive when I don't use the laptop, but I seem to lack the willpower to just moderate myself. Gosh that makes me sound so much worse than I really am ... but you get the jist. Plus, for what I do on the computer, a desktop makes more sense. It's just one more 'death' ... *sigh*
My feet hurt. That's really all I have to say about that, but they hurt bad enough that I feel the need to mention it.
I was bound and determined to come back to Michigan and not sit here going "womp womp Virginia is better ..." but Michigan is NOT making that easy for me. For one thing, the weather has been pretty crappy since we got back. The drivers are being extra (throws up hands in air for lack of a printable word) lately. Like, in New Jersey, they're really bad drivers, but it's like they're bad drivers purely out of ignorance on how to be a good driver. You can't really get mad at them, it's just their 'culture' and they don't know any better. But here, there's a bit smaller percentage of bad drivers, but the bad drivers are these angry, vindictive folks. Case in point tonight, I was driving home on these dark, dirt roads, where I know there are deer. So I'm not driving slow, but a bit under the speed limit. This car comes up behind me and follows REALLY close for a couple miles. Finally, I slow way down and almost get over to the shoulder before he finally passes me...and the passenger goes out of his way to stick his hand way out the window and flip me off as they do so. Seriously? That just bummed me out majorly.
...and I really hate it when Matt's frustrated over something and there's nothing I can do to help. I don't like feeling so powerless.
Ok, and stalking myspace has revealed that someone in my high school class is having a baby. Well, his new wife of exactly 28 days is. *blink blink* yeeeeeeeah.
Alright. I need to make a cake, of the texas sheet cake variety. If I don't do it now, I'm going to be beating myself int he morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Don't Let Me Get Me - Pink
Post a Comment