Sunday, September 27, 2009

Whee-kend

Today was totally awesome of epic proportions. We went to the Ren Fest with sis-in-law and her fiance. Half of the objective was to try and find sis-in-law a wedding dress. (Other objective: have fun) Well, we walked around the whole dog gone place and found nothing. Then, at the very last moment, we saw a place we hadn't looked in yet. K, being awesome and braver than I am, actually asked the fine people to help her build a wedding dress. So they did and oh man! She bought it. It's totally not a traditional wedding dress, but she's not a traditional kind of girl, methinks. But it looks phenomenal on her, it's incredibly her, and it's just awesome. We're both a little leery of what her mother's going to think. I think there's a very good chance that MIL is either going to:

a. Tell K that it's "her wedding" and it's "fine", but then tell everyone in the whole wide world how she hates her daughter's dress.

b. Tell her, in no uncertain terms, how much she hates the dress, that it's not a wedding dress, what was she thinking, etc.

Usually, when I think of worst-case scenarios, good things happen, which is why I'm writing all this down...because I'm secretly hoping that MILly will love it, support her daughter, and then tell Matt and I that we should have done something so awesome.

We also went to church today, but in comparison, that is substantially less awesome. Especially since I've had a bear of a time paying attention in church lately. I couldn't focus on the sermon to save my life. But I think Matt and I are going to start setting aside a little portion of time a week to try and study things out together.

I paid car insurance this evening. That was by far the low-light of the day. Despite my spitting and seething otherwise, I paid it in full. I find the roughly $250 that I'm paying to insure that my unmovable car will not hurt someone a bit much. Hopefully we'll have some answers this week, but a dog gone pity that they couldn't come before car insurance was due. :spit:

On the agenda tomorrow is being AWESOME with my AWESOME sister in law, writing in hopes of coming close to finishing my novel, and calling the bride that booked me last weekend. I'm really nervous about that last thing. Phone calls to people that aren't my parents or Matt scare the living daylights out of me.

Last but not least, I'm going to show you a snippet of K's wedding dress. While I am a thousand percent sure that her fiance' knows not of this blog and even if he did, could care less about it, I figure I'll play it safe for her. It's a renaissance-style dress (obviously, I think), with a corset, two awesome skirt layers and awesome long sleeves.
















Isn't it gau-geous? The lace of awesomeness is to die for.

No comments: