Monday, September 7, 2009

Good Morning, Aeris!

Gotta love the crappy laptop cam.
Going out to take real pictures today though! Not sure what else we're doing.

This weekend, I got to watch the awesome Rachael Acklin's awesome children. If I ever decide to have kids, I'd like to drop them off with her for the first five or six years, because her kids are just awesome. They're well-behaved, fun, sweet, and polite. Yes, they're still kids, but they're possibly some of the best kids I've ever met. And that baby is just cuteness times infinity. She's going to be a little heartbreaker, mark my words.

Sunday was mostly a wash. We almost pulled an all-nighter, a feat I have no intention of pulling again without extraordinarily good cause. So we slept in pretty late - but not late enough. My body haaaates wasting time, so sleeping past 10:30 or so is a real challenge ... even IF I was up until around 5. But I started my Christmas cards, played a tiny bit of Oblivion and The Witcher, and went to our local writer's group meeting. That was totally the highlight of the day. I love the group of people we have, and with NaNoWriMo approaching, I think it's just going to get better. We had the chance to talk to Cylithria - and I think NaNo is just going to rawk. Not that Rachael is NOT a totally awesome ML, but I think that the CylRach combo will pack a powerful punch. Also, Rachael is not pregnant this year, so she has no excuses.

But the best, best, best part of the weekend...Matt busted out of work an hour early, and didn't tell me! He called me, asked me to go look for his sunglasses, that he might have dropped them in the parking lot (oh man, I'm so glad I didn't start muttering at him as I wanted to), and then there he was! Not only that, but he had something of an epiphany. He decided that letting work dictate his life is overrated, and he doesn't want to do it anymore. He realized that at, 25, he was living a really boring life and he really has no reason to! He's got friends, he's got a car, and he's got an awesome-copilot wife. So we're totally going to make a trip upstate to go see DonSlice early to mid-next month. (also to see MelSlice, but she has no blog that I can link to) Really it's not a huge epiphany ... but holy guacamole it has made a difference in him. It's been really, really nice to see happy!matt for a change.

So. Off I go, into the wild blue yonder. I'm feeling really good about life and where we're headed and all that. Hope you have a wonderful labor day, however you're spending it. I'll be back eventually with some pictures.

6 comments:

Rachael Elisabeth-Cahours Acklin said...

So that's why you looked sleepy-ish at the meeting! I thought it was my kids that ran you ragged. ;)

Cylithria said...

Good Morning Lady!!!! *ahem* and how much writing have you done today....... *AHEM* word count update please. I believe I have a novel I must force you to finish so you can do NaNoWriMo ;) Seriously I love love loved meeting you and your sweetie and I can NOT wait until we meet again..... We are ALL gonna rawk this National Novel Writing Month. Much love to you and added you to my blog links too

Sarah Ski said...

Rachael - ha ha ha. No, it wasn't your kids. It was the sheer stupidity after watching your kids. :)

Krista Heiser said...

Good for Matt!

Also..wondering..is your writer's group open to new members? If so, what days do you meet? I've got kids' schedules to work around, but I am very interested in joining a support group..ahem, writers' group..for NaNo. I'm going to finish if it kills me!

Sarah Ski said...

Krista -

Yes, we're totally open! We meet every other Sunday at 6 pm at either the Barnes & Noble on Miller Rd or the Panera on Saginaw in Grand Blanc.

We're finishing out this month with critiques and next month we're going to spend our meetings brainstorming and trying to work each other up for NaNo. Our format in the past has been one meeting a month has been a write-in, the other is a critque. We're open to change, though - still figuring out things.

Anyway! Check out here:
http://flintredhotwriters.com/forum/index.php

Krista Heiser said...

Sundays work great for me! I'm off to check out the website.