Really sums up the week so far. Been cleaning, because the parents are coming into town Saturday. When I was a teenager, my mom used to get exasperated with me and tell me that my future house would be a pig sty. I refuse to let her be right. (It really never is that bad. I'm just extra self-conscious) I've got the bulk of the hard work done, but you know how cleaning and organizing is - it tends to look worse before it gets better.
So that said, tonight sister-in-law called to see if she could crash here because there's no hot water at home. Sure, no prob. So I run into the office to grab out her pj's that she's been storing here. They were ... damp. Thinking maybe it was just a humidity thing, I start to fold them, when I ... smell ... cat pee??? CAT PEE??? CAT PEE! I rush to the closet where the cat's litter box is and I stare in horror at the clean box. Suddenly everything clicks together in a mortifying jigsaw puzzle. I moved the furniture and attempted to block off the closet from Koo using a couple small trash cans. I tried to make sure that the door was ajar good and that Aeris could get in there, but didn't think twice about it. Later, our cat starts meowing and acting all crazy because she cannot get to her litter box, which we misinterpret as the cat dying. The dog starts managing to get at more cat poop than normal, but I brush it off as Matt moving the trash cans when he cleaned out the litter box.
So now my nice clean office is torn to shreds again. However, and for this I am VERY MUCH grateful, it appears that the cat is somewhat ... considerate. With the exception of one very fresh spot, she appeared to only pee on the blanket and clothes that were stored under the bed, missing the carpet almost entirely. (and believe you me, I was down on all fours with my nose to the ground smelling for cat pee) I woolited the offending spot and steam cleaned the area, and then applied a little eucalyptus oil to the bedframe and wall moulding around the area to deter her from spending time right there while we dry the carpet. I'm REALLY hoping that this will do the trick and that Aeris will now happily go back to her litter box.
Picked up a "baby gate" tonight, in the future we're going to bar Koo from the office entirely. That was an adventure by itself, what with one store being sold out (???) and another trying to insist that the $10 cheapo gate was in fact supposed to be $24.99.
I'm convinced that our lives are the most boring adventure ever. We're not truly boring in the average person way, because we have too many wacky things happen to us. (Like the 3 apartments in a year thing) Nor do we have actual adventures of epic proportions. But I do love our life - it certainly keeps me on my toes.
Lastly and leastly, supposedly there may yet be a fix for the mustang. Being resolved to being ok without a car, I'm not sure how I feel about this, but I'm willing to let my father in law have his day to check it out. (There's a common glitch in a safety braking feature) I would just like this whole thing to be resolved soon though. Either car MUST run well, or car must be taken away, but either way ... I gotsta pay the car insurance this month, so a resolution is necessary.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yikes! I've heard cat pee is the one of the worst scents to try to get out. Glad she was nice enough to do her business on items that could be tossed into the washing machine. You got lucky there!
Oh, trust me, I am extremely grateful for her generosity. I'll keep it in mind next time she destroys something else.
I did check her litter box this morning, and she's definitely using it now, so I think we're in the clear. Yippee!
Post a Comment