Friday, September 4, 2009

Funny Money

Two girls I graduated from high school with.





I just enjoyed the contrast and that these statements were right next to each other. I, ah, did a quick look and they're mutual friends of each other, so I'm betting Fi's statement wasn't random.

Oh - in case it needs translation, "LV" refers to "Louis Vuitton" - a quick search on the site revealed that most purses are around $1,500.

It amused me. That's all.

4 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

Sometimes I wonder if I really am a girl. I cannot understand the need for a purse that cost that kind of money! I'd much rather spend my money on something fun. Books, movies, computers, iPods, video games...

Sarah Ski said...

Yeah, I'm similar. I spent $50 on a purse once and it about killed me. But I have no qualms about about dropping a few digits on upgrading the computer.

Priorities. :)

Rach said...

What you call 'purse' is what I call 'handbag', am I right? Ah, you tricky Americans and you silly names for things...

All the same, I hate buying handbags. I've been trying to buy a new, bigger one for work, and simply cannot find the enthusiasm. I can usually buy shoes and clothes without too much drama, but bags? Blech.

Sarah Ski said...

Rach - Yeah, purses and handbags are basically the same thing. I think that maybe we refer to handbags as really small purses (think of what you'd take to the prom, just to hold a couple dollars and your phone).

I'm seriously considering upping my skillz in sewing someday and just making my own purses. I never find one that I'm really happy with, and I refuse to spend much money, so they fall apart on me. It's sad. I'm not entirely anti-girly, I like my fair share of pink and makeup, but purse shopping is almost teeth-pulling.