Thursday, September 3, 2009

"Let's have fun tonight"

Due to the boy's overtime, the theme this week has been "Let's have fun tonight". Then he got home close to 9. Then his headlight blew. Then he was too tired to function. THEN we ended up rushing the cat to the vet because she stinking acted like a cat who was slinking off to die.

In summary, our usually chirpy, happy, friendly little cat suddenly turned into this painfully meowing every two seconds cat who kept trying to hide under beds and blankets and was actually panting. (Yes, she's spayed, so no, that's not the punchline) I'm shorting out detail here, but suffice to say, I'm not one to rush an animal to the vet, but I seriously thought that there was a good chance that cat had somehow poisoned herself and was dying. Vet could find absolutely nothing wrong with her and went on to praise what great condition she's in. (As she ought to be, at 2 years and 3 months) She wasn't even properly indignant when we brought her back home. Within 5 minutes she was running around chirping at me and headbutting the dog. Even tried to tackle and gnaw Koo's legs tonight. I seriously don't know what on earth that whole thing was about, but I'm glad my little imp is okay. Also, there is a 10-12 week old kitten at the vet who was hit by a car and had to have an eye removed - she's up for adoption now and is the freaking CUTEST cat ever. If we could actually take in another cat, oh em gee that cat would have come home with us tonight. So if you're looking for the world's sweetest kitten that needs a home...call the Dunckel Veterinary Hospital in Davison.

Well, Matt and I DID eventually get to have some fun. We went out for dessert to Bob Evans and had us some pie. Then I came home and atoned for my sins on the treadmill. Tomorrow, barring Koo deciding it's her turn to make friends at the vet or Matt's car deciding to be needy, we're going to watch a sweet looking anime movie.

Also, I think I've reached a decision on the cars. I don't want one right now. That isn't how I want to spend the time while my parents are here, plus I'm apprehensive about buying a used car in a state where they don't require any inspections (hey, I saw a rust spot on a car that is less than 2 years old!), and it's not such a bad thing to learn to be content at home. Hopefully, my friends are awesome enough that they will fight through their introvertedness to come visit me or pick me up periodically, but regardless, I'm feeling good about this. (note to introverted friends: I will totally bribe you with lunch or dessert or coffee or things ... whatever strikes your fancy.)

Obviously, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. I won't bore you with all the details, but this is what I want to do this fall/winter:
I want to write, and to make cards, and to continue getting organized, and learn new recipes, and to paint, and maybe even sit around and play some video games. I want to look into an etsy shop, maybe give that a go. I want to really try and do what I need to in order to get my MVPS under control, which will make the above possible. I want to spend time with the people I care about, and if that's not possible, at least keep in touch with them. I want the people who matter to me, to know that.

So sorry...I know this is a lot for one post. But, despite how weird this week has been, I'm feeling really good about everything. (Well, except for Matt's company. But that is reserved for it's own special type of loathing)

But here. It's the "Koo sleeping" shot of the night. We tend to lose things in the couch a lot. When I glanced over at Koo, I thought the couch might be trying to swallow her, as well.













And good night.

No comments: