Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things Besides Cleaning

In addition to the cleaning I've been doing - I've also been playing a fair share of Oblivion. I'm having heap loads of fun with it. I do like that, unlike sims 3, I feel like I can play Oblivion for 20 minutes, have fun, and then put it down. Sims is just...unable to do that. Anyway, I'm doing mostly storyline quests so far with the occasional side quest, and that keeps me busy. Matt also has the game, but I think he has yet to do a storyline quest. It works.

I've also recently picked up the writing again, in an attempt to beat my creativity into submission. You should go here and vote for the story that I should work on for NaNoWriMo this year, though I'd say that there looks like a clear winner so far. Not to complain or anything, but naturally everyone would pick the story that will take loads more work than any of the other options. (Tons of world-building involved) So I guess that just means that I really need to finish my first novel, and quickly. I hit 60,000 words today. I think that I've got somewhere around 15k more words to go, perhaps, but if I keep pecking at it, I think I could have it finished by the end of the month. It really just depends on whether I'm ambitious enough to keep working while my parents are here. (I should, yes.)

Tomorrow is the start of an epic 8 days. First, I need to more or less finish cleaning. Then, we're having dinner with the pastor of the church we've been attending since May. (I'm still hesitant to call it "our" church - is that bad?) THEN we're hopefully running over to see Kevin, Melanie and whomever else they've invited over. Saturday is my volunteer day up at the center, and then that afternoon/evening my parents will be here! I still have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but at some point I'm going to take them to a movie at our awesome theatre, we're going to ren fest, and I'm making my dad play DnD with us next week. I'm sure it'll go by way too quickly, and at the end, I'm going to be utterly exhausted.

I'm totally looking forward to seeing the epic meeting of Koo, Coo and Aery. When last they met, Koo majorly intimidated Coo just by existing. Coo seems to have gotten a little braver though, but he's never met a cat. Aery has never met a dog other than Koo. If they can get over being afraid of each other or whatnot, I think Coo and Aery could really enjoy playing with one another. But this weekend will end my nearly two year speculation of "What would happen if Coo and Aery met?"

Some people use their brain cells to cure diseases or send people to the moon. I imagine meetings between animals.

No comments: