So I decided...let's wait on a car until spring. The mustang, running pretty fine, might very well hold up until then. We can easily save up some good cha-ching over the winter, and possibly even have enough for a gently used car in cash.
Then, today, I spent a good minute...two?...trying to get my car out of park. As in, push on the brake, and the button on the shifter won't push in to move out of the park position. Probably indicates that something (gear, button, thingy, switch...) is failing, or that the transmission is failing.
So, I've been given the "if you don't want to get stranded, DON'T DRIVE THAT CAR." warning from my parents. So now I'm all bummed. I think I'm going to try looking at a couple cars I saw in Fenton that looked good and also "cheap", but if those don't pan out, I might seriously look into getting the car taken off my hands somehow and then just doing without a car until spring. Which honestly, might kill me, if this winter is like, or worse, than last winter. :shudder:
I won't lie, I'm disappointed, and I can't believe how fast the car is deteriorating. With each new problem, it reminds me more of a terminally ill patient. At least I think this will make it easier to let it go.
That's all I've really got to say today. There's a dog here who isn't sure whether she wants to chase a fly or go to bed, but she's antsy.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment