I feel really ... silly today.
So, we crunched the numbers at the dealership this weekend. The Versa is just (by, like, less than two dollars) in the range of what I said I would pay monthly. They're offering us a pretty nice rebate, the car AT invoice, and double what my car is worth. So, it's a nice deal, to be sure. And I really like the car. It drives very nice, looks nice, feels nice ... I think my only possible complaint is that the speakers sound kinda cheap.
I was all ready to do it. I know this is going to hurt like the Dickens, to get rid of the Mustang, but I can give you 100 reasons it's the right thing to do. But I can't shake this feeling that this isn't the right car, right now. Part of me is a little sad, knowing that by the end of the day, I could have had a brand new car. But I'm more relieved. I just can't do this right now. There's other options that I really wanted to look into that I was going to forgo because this deal was too good. I just can't do that. I have to know. (Even if it means passing up a good deal) In waiting, even a few weeks, that's more of a down payment/cushion for us, and overall, just more peace of mind for me.
I feel really awful that I'm making Matt go through this. I know we both wanted this to be over with, but I just wasn't excited about today, and I really feel like I need to be excited, not so overwhelmed. I hope he understands. I also hope that my Mustang does me the honor of lasting until I find the right car.
Also, side note:
Saturday night we got some crazy Thunderstorms that scared Koo. She was shaking so bad that I was afraid she might hurt herself. Last night around 3 am, we started getting some more thunder. I think Koo sat there on the bed and waited for me to wake up. As soon as I did, she came scampering up the bed and tried curling up around my head. Once she thought the thunder had died down, she moved back to the foot of the bed. Suffice to say, I don't think she slept a whole lot, because she kept having to come up and cuddle (even though it was like a million degrees). Poor Koo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment