Sunday, August 30, 2009

Moving Furniture

So, I told Matt on Saturday night that I wanted to move the furniture. Such a phrase coming from my mouth is rather startling, since I really, really, really don't like moving furniture. I like everything to be exactly where I expect it. No more, no less.

But basically, my desktop has been in the "office" for the past year and a half. Knowing full well that this sounds incredibly lazy - I don't use the desktop because it is in the office. The "office" is also our "spare bedroom", and where we keep the kitty's litter box and her food. Matt, bless his heart, is not always terribly prompt about changing the cat's litter, and also, the cat has some wicked smelling poops when they're fresh. So I'm not always inclined to be in there, is the point. Lastly, there is no tv in there, and that seems to be the breaking point for me. What normally happens is, I go in the "office" to work on a project. Some dishes, cans of pop, wrappers and/or tufts of dog hair later, I finish said project. When I re-enter the office for purposes of using the desktop again, I am horrified and don't want to actually use the desktop, knowing that I must first clean up everything. (Sorry, alas, sometimes my mom's attempts at making me a clean, organized person fail.)

So the plan was, move my desk to the living room where Matt's desk was. Move Matt's desk about three feet down, to an adjacent wall. Move the book cases to the office.

Not a terribly complex project, until you remember (or fail to) that Matt's desk fell apart (like, literally, they hit a bump and apart came the desk) when last we moved. So basically, we picked up the desk, and four hours later, Matt had a new desk.

I'm now in the living room, hopefully this set up will work better for me. I always want to play around with my more graphics-intense software, but with it all being on the desktop, it is often neglected. So while Matt's gone tomorrow, I get to finish cleaning up the havoc that this move created. I'm not particularly looking forward to it, but organizing always seems to give me a bit of a high.

And that, essentially, has been my weekend.

2 comments:

Krista Heiser said...

What software program are we talking about here? I assume Photoshop, but you already use that, don't you?

Sarah Ski said...

I have photoshop and lightroom on my desktop. Also, I have the fancier-pantsier video games on the desktop. So there are lots of things that get neglected.