I forget how far-reaching MVP can be. I always know that stress, lack of sleep, too much caffeine and too much sugar are bad and can give me heart flutters. But I forget about the other symptoms, because individually, they're really easy to dismiss. If you're not looking for it, it's easy to just pass it by. Admittedly, my MVP isn't at the top of my list of things to think about, especially if I've been pretty good at keeping tabs on my caffeine and sugar. So, as silly as this sounds, I can actually go multiple weeks feeling like crap, and not put the pieces together. Because it's not like having a cold. Even though it's on every single medical website under the major symptoms of MVP, I forget that fatigue is part of it. So instead of being more patient with myself, I can't understand why I feel awful, and I try to push myself harder. (and I fail miserably at it) I don't bother mentioning it, because it makes me feel weak/lame ... "Oh man, I've been exhausted lately, and I don't know why." - well, also, ever mentioning any type of physical ailment is likely to get "Oh man, are you pregnant???" asked.
So, I was putting away laundry today, and my hands were shaking. I felt pretty weak. Not like I was going to pass out, but it was distracting. It didn't make sense. I'd eaten lunch less than an hour ago. Turkey sammich on whole grain bread and a glass of water. Had some grapes this morning and OJ. Slept pretty well. It was only when I sat down and googled "MVP shaky" did I find a plethora of links with information that uh, yeah...hello, symptom. That's when a big lightbulb went over my head, and suddenly everything ELSE the past couple weeks has clicked. You would think, with the heart flutters I've had, that this would have been completely obvious, but somehow, it still wasn't. I'm sure it sounds pretty asinine, but I guess if you don't live with it, you don't understand. But it makes *ME* feel better anyway, to suddenly understand why the last few weeks, I've had a real hard time moving around and concentrating, amongst other things.
So I'm not sure what the point of this is, but alas...happy weekend.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment