Friday, August 28, 2009

Here's to solitude.

Ugh, I apologize. I'm in a foul, foul mood today.

It has a lot to do with the rain, actually. I had one thing that I was excited to do today - take Koo for a walk. It would be my one excuse to get out of the house, and I love how happy it makes her. So, naturally, it's been raining and dreary as all get out since I woke up.

I suppose there are ways to take advantage of all this time. But the sheer dreariness of the day, combined with finding out exactly HOW long next week is going to be ... has left me pretty bummed.

For the record, next week...
No DnD, because Dave is going on vacation. Yay for Dave though, I know how excited he is about his trip!
Matt's going to be working 12 hour days. So, given his distance from home, that means he'll be gone from 5:45 am to 8:00 pm, at the very least. Ouch.

I thought maybe I could do the whole carless thing. Well, maybe I can, but EGAD, not like this! Again...I'm sure there are ways to take advantage of this. I'm sure I could get a WHOLE lot of reading done, discover the cure for cancer, and negotiate peace with Israel and Palastine.

But urrrk. Today, anyway, I hate this. If it were a nice, sunny, August day, maybe it wouldn't be so depressing. But as it is, it's 57 degrees out and raining. Thank you Michigan, for adding insult to injury.

(Also: It would be different if all his overtime would make a difference in this release, but it's not going to. The release is STILL going to be dismally bad and potentially break all their customers' software. It's all because no one at the company who matters, will listen to the people with reason. It's really unfortunate.)

So yeah. If for some reason, you have any desire to hang out with me, holy crap I would appreciate it.

2 comments:

daveloven said...

'll keep you entertained with all the freakin pictures I'll be taking.:)

~Loven

Rach said...

you know I would. Except for, you know, the Australia thing :(

Chin up! These looming things are never as bad as you think they're going to be...or at least that's what I tell myself.