So as of right now, I'm strongly considering either the 2009 Ford Focus or the 2009 Hyundai Elantra. WAS thinking about a Dodge Avenger, but it got the worst of the worst ratings for reliability. Also, it was about $60+/- more per round of insurance than the others, which is already looking ridiculous. Despite my cheery exterior, I'm going to need some real coaxing into the whole car thing.
The pros to a Focus are that it could potentially be cheaper. There's a bigger incentive, and there's a slim chance that they might give me some sort of loyalty bonus for having that 'stang. It's also a Ford, which my Grandpa would approve of.
Or there's the Elantra. My dad had an Elantra for a few years, and it's the only other car besides the 'stang that I've driven. (It was for a couple of days) They have a wonderful warranty, and the car comes with more "extras" as standard than most cars. For instance, it comes with a sweet feature that involves plugging the phone in and then talking to people like it's a James Bond movie. It might cost a little more if we can't talk them down, though. It has better reliability than the Focus though, nearly the best. It's a foreign car, and my Grandpa would frown.
The "third" option is to wait until my parents come to visit sometime in late September. On the one hand, I might lose out on some deals, but my dad, after his experience with the car dealerships, knows how to bargain with them and could potentially be a great asset.
I know it comes down to "try them both and see what you like best". But AGH. Decisions are not my thing. Flip a coin?

No comments:
Post a Comment