Went to look at Elantra. Dealership had one in stock that was an automatic. Salesman showed us the car, said "yeah, it's a great car", handed us a card, and walked away. Now, I like low pressure tactics, but he never came back! I wanted to test drive the thing!
Indignantly (hehe) went to Ford dealership. Guy was attentive and cool. Had 3 Focuses, and let me test drive one. I wasn't entirely serious about the Focus, but now I am. I liked it a LOT, and would seriously consider paying a bit more for one.
...But I need to test drive that stinkin Elantra.
Both dealerships were scary empty of cars. Apparently cash-for-clunkers has about wiped them out. Ford guy said that if the gummint passes 2 bil more for the program, they'll probably be out of cars this week - that other dealerships already ARE.
So we're going to wait a little, a couple weeks, even. Then try again. If Hyundai doesn't take us seriously again, I'm waiting for the big guns (my dad). Makes me feel like a little kid - I'll tell my daddy on you! :) In the meantime, more research. See if there are other acceptable cars to try and look into.
That's about it, I think. The nerves from the day caused me to not want food. Not nausea, more food apathy. Appetite seems to be returning now. Will have to grocery shop tomorrow. Out of basics, like bread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment