Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feeling Pretty Good

I'm not sure, with all the car angst of the last week, that I've conveyed that life is pretty good. Sometimes it's easier to get into talking about what's yargy than what's happy. Plus the car stress was feeling really consuming and I hated that.

The Car.
I'm feeling much, much better about things now! I have no idea how much longer that mustang is going to last. But I have confidence that it will last me as long as I need it to. Without the pressure of imminent deals, I can breathe. We're going to look into some gently used cars. I just think that it might be a better (read: not so stress inducing) route for us right now. I want to be well-informed, I want it to be fun, and I insist that I get the absolute perfect car for me. (Which, hey, I'm not SO picky, so it's not like we need to save up for a Lexus...)

The Church.
I just want to reiterate how much I love our "new" church. The people there really seem to care. More of them know my name than I know theirs ... oops. They've started the book of Romans, and that's awesome. They're apparently headed in the direction of starting some childrens'/youth/college things, and that doesn't affect me at all, but it's neat for those to whom it applies. I'm also just tickled at the folks who have taken an interest in Matt. I'm sure they'd take an interest in me too, if I talked. But I love that place. I look forward to going every week (it isn't a chore), and I see some good things happening. Also, I'm trucking through the Psalms, which is also awesome. I was afraid that reading them straight through might be boring and repetitive, but it really isn't.

Other stuff.
As of yesterday, I'm a fully-trained counselor for the center. (The requirements are that you have to sit in on 3 client sessions first.) It's pretty scary that next time I'm up there, it could very well be that I'll have to counsel someone...and that's pretty scary. But I feel like I can do it. At least, I could have done it yesterday.

I really need to clean. We cleaned out my car Sunday, and so I've got this mess of jumper cables, fluids, and miscellaneous things all sitting on my counter. I should probably haul the "emergency" stuff back out to the Mustang, since apparently we've got a bit further to go yet. But there's like, a world of stuff that I want to organize and make pretty before my parents come next month. I wish the dog didn't throw a fit every time I walked outside without her...she guilt trips me, I tell you.

Speaking of dog. Mikerkoo got two haircuts recently. I shaved her with one setting yesterday, but it left her too long, so I buzzed her shorter today. I just need to get her nice and lethargic some day soon so that I can trim up her back legs. She seems much happier with less hair - I think she's a lot cooler.

I like adding pictures to posts - sorry there isn't a better one, but I'd have to go ALL the way to the desktop in order to upload stuff.

Also, this is "out of the shower" hair. I haven't brushed it or anything yet...so... yeah. I just like it when my little buddy sits behind me on the couch. I feel so loved.

No comments: