I was unable to get the shifter out of park today, at all. Matt couldn't, either. (and I was putting like, full force on that brake pedal, too) I emailed Matt's dad to see if he had any ideas on it, but in all likelihood, I need to figure out how to have the car taken away. (Actually, that's more or less why I emailed Matt's dad, I'm hoping he can point me in the right direction)
In a weird way ... I'm happier this way. I know for certain that the car was in the family from beginning to end, and I don't have to wonder if there was a chance of me driving the car longer. I'm not being silly and "wasting" a good car, the car really is useless. There's no guilt in letting it go!
As for what to do about a new car? I don't know yet. I think we're going to wait for my parents to come out, and then make another pass at local dealers. My dad (having worked at a car place for a while) knows some secrets, and my mom is really good at playing the bad cop who says "that's too much!" so between the two of them, I might be able to get a great deal on a used focus or fusion. If that works out, great. But if it doesn't, I haven't got my heart set on it, and I'll be content and wait until spring. We'll have more money saved up by then - between not paying the insurance, gas, maintenance, and - oh - me not being able to GO anywhere - so... who knows.
Either way, I am okay with whatever happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Maybe I can give you rides to things here and there, when my car isn't failing. ;)
Srsly though. If you need a ride for something, try me. You never know!
:D
Silly cars and their silly ... failingness! But thanks for the offer. I might just try and take you up on it sometime. :) (Though I think it'd more likely be "Hey, if you come pick me up, I'll buy you coffee...then can I watch your awesome kids for a while?")
...and what is wrong with THAT?! ;)
Post a Comment