I. How would you pronounce the following name:
"Rosalyn"
a. Roz-a-lynn
b. Rose-a-lynn
2. Which spelling do you like best? (Pick multiple, if you have to)
a. Rosalyn
b. Roselyn
c. Rosalynd
d. Rosalind
e. Roselynd
f. Roselin
g. Other - please specify
I am looking for a name that can be nicknamed "Rose", but I want a bit of a longer form, one that sounds more 'royal'. I'm not too keen on "Rosalie", but if you really try you might be able to sell me on it.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Rosetta?
Rosa? (as in ferrari testa-rosa)
Rosalita? (Springsteen)
Esmerosa?
I'm always a fan of names with 'z' in them...so it should be like Rozealyn or Rozalyn or maybe even Rozilyn....
1. B, though is you spell it Roselin, for some reason I would pronounce it like A.
2. I like b the best. I pronounce a and b slightly different, and I like the way b sounds better :-)
Extra Credit -- On the baby name site, I saw Roseclere (assuming pronounced Rose-Clair). It means bright rose. It thought it was kind of pretty :-) Though overall I think I might like Roselyn the best ( I like "lynn" names :-) )
I. How would you pronounce the following name:
"Rosalyn"
a. Roz-a-lynn
2. Which spelling do you like best? (Pick multiple, if you have to)
b. Roselyn
I would pronounce it as 'a', as for spelling, I like d.
but in all honesty, I wouldn't nickname a Rosalyn 'rose;, they're more likely to be Roz. However, if it was Rosaline, I would be more likely to pronounce it like b. Which then would shorten to 'Rose' better.
As for other names that can be nicknamed 'Rose'...Rosanna/rosanne, Rosamund/mond, Rosemarie/mary, Rosina...
Post a Comment