Friday, October 17, 2008

Compassion

Matt and I adopted a compassion child this evening. Her name is Sarata, and she is from Burkina Faso. Her 4th birthday is tomorrow, and she has 7 brothers and sisters. She'd been waiting for a sponsor for over six months (making her high priority). I'm very very excited! I can't wait to get the paperwork and see her picture.

Oh - I finished my first scarf yesterday. Did I mention that? I'm making scarves to send over to soldiers in Iraq, because it gets very cold over there.

So - yay! I like doing something, even if it's a small something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope your feeling better something that may help I heard you mention vicks in one of your blogs try rubbing it on your feet with socks on at night. it really helps with coughing.It worked great on my daughter!

Sarah Ski said...

I'm feeling quite a bit better, though I'm still kinda stuffy and coughing. Vicks on your feet? I've never heard of that! I just might have to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

yay!! this warms my heart