Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My precious commodity

Quarters. The bane of apartment living. You need quarters to do your laundry. $2.00 a load, to be exact.
It's bad enough that our bank is roughly 30 miles away, and I like our bank, and it's a hassle to change banks, so I just have to invent excuses to be in the area in order to stop by the bank and get a roll of quarters. Not to mention that the teller gives me the stink eye if I have no other transactions.

But then, there are only two washers and two dryers for either 8 or 12 apartments. It's not much of a problem, unless you try and do laundry on a weekend, because I see that most people carry their laundry out. The dryers don't work very well if you're doing anything other than a small load of light cottons. I haven't had a dry towel in months.

But the real stickler is that one of the washers keeps eating my quarters!!! The first time it happened, I figured it was a fluke. The lady at the office gave me back my quarters. But then it happened a week later. Two weeks later, it's happened again. That is two fifty in quarters that I've lost - a quarter of my roll of quarters - eaten!

I don't know where other laundromats are, and I don't really want to go sit in one either. So I get to gamble on whether washer on the left is going to be open, and hope that one doesn't start eating my quarters too!

1 comment:

Karebear said...

I'm sure if wanted to do laundry on Wednesdays after bible study, and when we are doing craft stuff my mom would let you! (Also, feel free tuesday/thursdays from 9:30-3pm stopping by my credit union in grand blanc and they would be glad to get ride of some quarters!)