Tuesday, October 14, 2008

...Is sick.

If I'm coming down with a cold, the first symptom is usually the same feeling as when I have seasonal allergies. (That's a very mild sniffly feeling, just slightly off-kilter) Since the two are so interchangable, only time tells what's going on.

So I had that feeling, started around suppertime yesterday. (That's "dinner" to the rest of you folks) But as soon as the sore throat kicked in, I knew what I was in for. By the time I went to bed, I was right on the edge of "blah" and "dreadful". I woke up about 50 miles south of dreadful.

I do have to give this cold credit. Aside from being possibly the worst cold in recent memory, it also seems to be the fastest moving. Usually I feel blah one day, wake up sniffly the next, am flat out sick by the end of that day, then a couple days after that, it settles into my chest, where it lingers for a few more days. I went from "blah" to having it in my chest in less than 24 hours. Bravo, cold, bravo. I would like to think that the heavy consumption of orange juice, other liquids, and remaining mostly horizontal if not sleeping is making this cold run course quicker. I doubt it, but I'm trying to be positive, because I hate being sick. The last time I really remember having a *cold* was right after I moved out here. Since then I've just had phantom 24-36 hour stomach bugs. Let me tell you, I've decided that I prefer the phantom bugs.

Here's trivia for you. The only time I really crave orange juice is when I'm sick. I'll drink it other times, but that's when I must have it. Sickness and OJ go hand in hand.

Alright. I think it's time for some nyquil, a little vicks on the schnoz and chest, and to lay back down.

OH! And I have to note: I am a VERY bad medicine taker. All my life I've cringed, cried, and tried every trick in the book to get out of taking medicine. But this time around, I've apparently been fed up enough with feeling crappy that I've downed the nyquil with very little problem. One swig, even! I still think that even the cherry flavor is vile, but I did it! Yay me!

No comments: