This is a phenomenon I haven't quite figured out yet, but I feel like I may need to employ the services of the government and some scientists.
How is it, that with frightening regularity, our weeks go from almost completely empty, save maybe one or two activities, to complete chaos? Mind you, at least half of the chaos is not bad chaos. But still, it's incredible. I would fully expect this kind of regular madness if we had children who needed to be shuttled from activity to activity to friends and school and whatnot. But, even after pruning activities, our weeks quickly progress to the status of "running around with our heads cut off".
I don't get it.
This is an already somewhat hectic week, because we're going out to NJ on Thursday. So on some level, I expected chaos. It is, I guess you could say, "scheduled chaos": pack, wash and clip the Koo, get a few groceries, et cetera. But then, with a sudden flick of the wrist, we're knee deep in the unscheduled chaos. I look around and think, "okay, how did that just happen?"
I guess to an extent, I don't mind. I thrive best when I'm two steps from being "too busy", and that's when I get the most done. Unfortunately, we seem to be teetering between four steps from too busy and way too busy, and in either case, I'm not getting as much done as I'd like.
On another note, I'm "almost" finished with my website. I'm not sure if I'll manage to get it up before we leave Thursday (see above on "chaos"), but definitely next week, if I don't. I'm quite pleased with it so far. Something about seeing a lot of my work compiled, makes me realize that hey, maybe I'm not such a bad photographer after all. Maybe I am good enough to make a go at it.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can relate to the chaos... It can be like that at work. One day it's dead, the next (for no reason, mind you) it's complete hell.
Just like the lame country song says,
"If you're going through hell
Keep on going, don't slow down
If you're scared, don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there"
Post a Comment