I know the day is coming when he's going to have to go.
I can't help but think about it whenever we're together.
...poor Larry.
My parents were both very attached to their first cars. I guess I'm no different. I've told Matt that when the day comes, I'm going to need him to remind me that he is a car, that there is no personality there, nothing to be offended, or saddened, or abandoned. A car.
Part of the problem, of course, is that Larry was my Grandpa's, given to my aunt after he died, my cousin Dan drove him, and then my mom took him, and he was given to me.
The other part of the problem, is that in giving up Larry, I feel like I'm losing my freedom, my ability to bop around, to really do anything during the day. Yes, I know people have done it for years, but I never have. I feel like I'm aging to 80 before I hit 25.
May I never, ever name a car again, or receive a car with a name and a history.
---------------
I'm realizing the gravity of what seems like even the slightest of decisions. Kinda like that campy "Butterfly Effect" movie. It's ... insane. If the small decisions are this weighty, what do the weighty ones do?
I'm staging a one person rebellion against Nintendo. I looked at the DS games this afternoon. For every one game that sounded mildly interesting, there were 10 that looked like they dropped off the idiot wagon. Not to mention releasing the DS light - and THEN releasing a billion cool accessories. I have to fight the urge to flip the displays off every time. Then there's the wii. There's no debating that it's a lot of fun. But how in blue blazes is the public supposed to wait years just to buy a system, and then more years to find the only gimmicks worth buying for it? There's no doubt that Nintendo makes some genius products and games...when they want to. But Nintendo is like an abusive boyfriend. I just...keep waiting for him to come around. I walked over to the PSPs and found at least 5 games in less than 20 seconds that I'd play, none that had the idiot factor like "Imagine! Babyz!"
Nintendo ... you lost me at "Wii Wheel Only Tournaments".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
If you have any interest in a try before you buy setup with a PSP you can borrow mine for a while. I honestly like it a whole lot more then the DS just in that I find it easier to hold on to and look at for periods of time > 10 minutes. Playing the DS always has me walking away with hand cramps and eye strain.
I probably don't have a ton of games that you'd want to play but there's a few, I'll email you a list when I get home. ;-)
yeah, I'm about ready to trade in my Nintendo hat...
I think they tend to do some really awesome innovations. They just never seem to follow through with games for the "older" crowd.
I've always been a Playstation fanboy anyway so it's easier for me since I never had a Nintendo hat. ;-)
Post a Comment