During our wedding planning, we tried Sweet and Savory. If you haven't had a S&S cake, you need to try them. Now. Go!
However, they are mad expensive, at least, in the context of "feeding cake to 100 people and you really only get a slice of it". So we opted not to go with them, but I told Matt that we would get a S&S cake for our anniversary.
That has proven to be a bit more of a task than I bargained for.
On our actual anniversary, we were both tired, but I was willing to drive down for a cake. Luckily, I checked on their website, and found out that they were closed on Mondays. Phew.
Tuesday, I made the drive down to Oxford. Just in case there's any question - yes, that is a bloody long drive when you are:
- by yourself
- running a 'quick' errand
- without a working music player
Nevertheless, I make it to Oxford, get out of the car, and walk to the bakery. There's a sign on the door.
Closed - July 4th thru the 8th, reopening, Wednesday July 9th.
I quickly turn around and mutter on my way back to the car.
So, I suppose today I'm driving back down there, somewhat of a third attempt at getting this anniversary cake. At this point, it's as much the principle as anything else. It's my "quest". I said we would, so by golly, we're GOING to have a S&S cake for our anniversary.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did you get it?
I love S&S! We had that at our wedding and they give you a free anniversary cake. :)
Post a Comment