Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Working on my websi---ooh, look, shiny!

You know where you reach that point in the night where you are just deliciously dopey? You know it, but you are no longer tired enough, or don't have the will power, to sleep. It's a good thing that you're not alone, because who knows what you'd be up to if you were. Ooh, and then you woke the dog up, and she's reminding you that, hey, you're up WAY past her bedtime.

So I'm up working on my website. Trying to get as much of it pounded out as I can, because I certainly won't have the time tomorrow, and I don't need it as a lingering distraction. I'm in a wonderful mood tonight, though. But, the main hangup that I'm having my website (and likely the reason it won't be up before next week) is that I genuinely can't figure out how much to charge for my services. The reason I wanted to start doing this was because I don't think people should have to choose between their wallets and decent wedding pictures that they're happy with. Photographing weddings makes me just ... blissed out - and sore - but really, insanely happy. If I could, I would do it for free, but that's not really possible. (Unless you're one of my friends.) I need to make something of a profit out of it, if for no other reason than to be able to upgrade my equipment and maintain a certain "quality" standard. Plus, I think pricing myself is really ... cocky. It's so awkward. If I price myself too low, I might be selling myself short. But if I price myself too high, it makes me look full of myself, and it goes against why I wanted to do this in the first place.

So, in the midst of my website work, I've found various and sundry distractions from the monotony of "resize, rename, recycle, repeat"



I really never would have guessed that there was a phantom of the opera video set to hold me thrill me kiss me. Sounds like something only I would do.












Good night to all, and to all, a good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Price yourself at 20 percent less than the average price, then you are likely to make a good profit to keep going off of, and also will still be giving a great deal to the wedding couple!