Monday, July 21, 2008

So Shall It Be

A number of years ago, I wrote these "weekly bible studies" that I sent out via e-mail to over 100 people at one point. At times I am exceedingly proud of it, being as I kept with it for nearly 3 years with fairly little interruption and would like to think that I did some good. Other times, I am a bit ashamed of it, being as I'm not sure how much the "bible" portion came into effect. They were good little messages based off of CCM songs by a particular band. Anyhow, in one of these messages I said something about life being a patchwork quilt. In the end, it looks very pretty and it comes together, even if we can't see what's going on at the time. The bigger picture and whatnot.

Keeping in mind 'the bigger picture', and hoping to see the resolution to whatever I went through, the ROTJ to my ESB, the ROTK to my TTT and the like - it's helped me keep my sanity. Do I worry, fret, stress out? Absolutely. I'd have too much time on my hands otherwise. But it's been the glimmer of hope in some of the darkest tunnels.

Somewhat recently, I've had one of those moments of ultimate payoff where I saw the chunk of the quilt, a glimpse of the bigger picture, and it was really something.

and .... I've run out of words. Phooey.

No comments: