I had some errands to run this morning/afternoon. They took me to the far away city of Lapeer. Lapeer's probably not that far away, unless you're me. Then, you take every road that makes no sense in your never-ending quest to find a shorter way in the midst of road construction.
Today's quest included a new shower liner and some rolls for tonight's DnD session. So, to Meijer I went. I think there must be something wrong with me (I kid), because I'm awfully sentimental lately. (Actually, I think it has to do with all this "getting rid of stuff". You think about the items you're throwing out, and I think that translates into thinking about other things.) I remembered the first time I went to Meijer. It was within the first couple of days after I'd come out to Michigan to visit. There was an overwhelmingly large amount of people in Matt's basement. It may or may not have included Olsons. I really have no idea. I just was overwhelmed. At some point, the suggestion was made to go get ice cream to put on brownies. So, Melanie and I went to Meijer for the ice cream. I think we picked up a french vanilla and a cookies and cream type.
Anyway, back to today. While looking for the shower liners (I can't find anything in that store since they re-did it a year ago), an older man asked me if I'd ever heard of some cleaning product. Normally my response is "nope" or "yep" and I keep going. Something tugged in me to stop this time though. He seemed a little surprised. The man looked to be about 70-75, balding, and shorter. He looked pleasant, but tired. This looked like a man who should be at home reading a book, or sitting around telling stories to his grandchildren, not selling cleaning supplies in the middle of Meijer. They had a bottle of stuff that smelled like Lemon Verbina. A little more supersitious and I'd say it was a sign. I am a complete sucker for Lemon Verbina but it's not a very common scent. The bottle was pretty big and reasonably priced, it had no harsh chemicals, made in the USA and came with a pretty good sized bottle of free hand soap. Okay, so maybe I fibbed a little when I smiled and said that it was just what I needed. But the broad smile on that guy's face as he put the free soap into my hand basket was worth it. I hope he had a good day after that.
Aeris Bean has been really cute today. She's been extremely lovey. She must have broken something that I haven't found yet. ;) This morning, she climbed between the shower curtain and the liner, stood on the edge of the tub, and watched me in the shower. She's really cute, but boy, one of these days she's going to fall in, and I don't want to be the thing she climbs onto when she does. >.<
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment