Saturday, July 19, 2008

Christmas in July!

Today I began compiling my Christmas-giving list.
At the risk of sounding callous - I had a few different reasons for doing so.
The first, is that, if I figure it out good and early, I'll know exactly what I'm dealing with - no surprises - and no need to dip into savings like we did last year. (Not that we went overboard by any means, but I'm never happy about dipping into savings for something so frivolous)

The second is that the myriad of unexpected/unwanted kinda zaps all the joy out of giving gifts, when suddenly you have nothing left to be able to give to the people you *wanted* to give to.

Third, is that last year, Matt's extended family almost dragged us into a $50 a person/$100 a couple gift exchange. I don't know what their plans are this year, but I figure, if I get mine formed well in advance, I can't possibly be dragged into it.

But in the process, I actually came up with a couple neat ideas for Matt's sister and parents. So...awesome.

Other than that, can't say as I have much to say. Or, I guess I have a lot to say, but none of it is really fit for public blog consumption.

Until tomorrow. We're going to see Batman with Donny, woot!

No comments: