Wednesday, July 16, 2008

How We Eat

I found this article on MSN. Apparently, New York City has enacted a law that requires chain restaurants to post the calorie content in the same size and style font as the prices on the menu. Interesting.

If you knew just how many calories you were ordering, would that change what you ordered?

I'm not sure, exactly. It depends on what restaurant we were talking about, and whether the occasion was a 'treat' or not. But it would certainly make me think twice. Frightening, that Applebees almost makes McDonalds look healthy.

I have a sneaky suspicion that if calories were posted right on the menus, we all might be doing a lot less eating out.

It's raining, it's pouring, the old man was snoring. He bumped his head as he went to bed and couldn't get up in the morning.

2 comments:

Com02 said...

Are you kidding! I know that a Big Mac is worth ~550 calories and the frys and drink that come with it are about the same. That's why you just order 2 Big Macs instead cause that's what you're really there for anyway. ;-)

fieryiceyrei said...

Actually, yeah, knowing the calories in something makes me less likely to order it, like...a chocolate shake from Steak & Shake. I used to love those things, then I found out they have 900+ calories in them! I try to eat ~1600 a day, and 900 calories?! I'd have to eat, like, plan lettuce and maybe a few bites of chicken the rest of the day if I had one of those shakes, and that thought is so unappealing that I haven't had a shake since!