Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sports nut, I am not.

My mom has been shipping out packages of stuff to me. I got four of them on Friday, with supposedly another two or three to come next week. Nothing like six or so boxes in your apartment living room to make you think, "dear heavens!!! it's gotta go!" Some of it is not so easy to deal with, for instance, I have two 'baby dolls'. One of them I've had for as long as I can remember, is in good shape, and is a very 'attractive' doll. The other doll, less attractive, I got when I was 9 or 10 probably, and was rather pricey. I shouldn't keep both dolls, but figuring out which doll to get rid of is tricky. (Maybe that's where I'm supposed to get fed up and chuck both dolls anyway) There are some things that I think I would really like to give to a little girl, but we don't really have any friends who are the age of liking what I have, really. This is where a cute little 4-5 year old niece would be helpful.

Thankfully some of it is easy to get rid of. Well. In theory, anyway. I've got these binders stuffed full of football cards. The good news is that I really don't want them. The bad news? Well, I feel it's an injustice to my parents to simply give them to goodwill. We don't really know anyone who is a die-hard sports fanatic, so that's not an option, either. So, I'm toying with the idea of trying to sort through these binders and see if there's anything potentially valuable in there. However, that's a really, really, really, tedious job. But, I guess it has to be done.

My wrist has been acting up lately, since I agitated it a few weeks ago during my cake class. Being as it's my left wrist, it's difficult to just 'not use'. I'm not patient enough to simply not do stuff and wait for help from Matt. I googled something along the lines of a sprain never healing - it was both comforting and depressing. It may never heal! But at least I'm not the only one! Y-yay? It was doing so good for a while there, too. I was able to bowl all 9 games at Nationals without any pain. Maybe if I just 'behave myself' for the rest of the summer, it'll get better again?

Just in time to decide whether or not I should bowl. Oh lovely. I really don't like making this decision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you never know when your family will start blooming new relatives, you could hang on to that stuff for future sons/daughters or neices/nephews. Probably wouldn't help in the immediate short term, but you never know lol. Good luck!