I've been checking my emails diligently, and trying to access the sallie mae website, which has been down for a few days. Suppressing a few twitches here and there, because they tacked on some late fees, and I was sure they blemished my credit for it. While I know it's not the right thing to do necessarily, I was just prepared to make the payment, take the hit on the credit, and just move on. Well anyway, they have corrected everything as far as I can tell, but I'm a tiche annoyed that they couldn't send ANY form of email that said as much. Auto generate an email that says your issue has been resolved something. At any rate, I'm going to start paying it online. I prefer checks, but this whole thing has just left me twitchy. I'm really debating between taking a class this summer and stocking money to get the loan paid off quicker. At the current rate, I'm going to be paying until 2013...granted, it's $50 a month, but *2013*!! I think it's interesting, that on the website, there is no way to *raise* my re-payment automatically, only lower it. Must be a foreign concept to them, someone that actually wants to NOT have a student loan. It's so strange to me, my student loan is so small, but I hate having it over my head. I can't imagine these people that rack up credit card debt and stuff.
Anyway, that's all I've got for ya. 'Til tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know the feeling, I hate even thinking that maybe one month I'm not going to be able to pay off my credit card (like the months I have to pay a crap ton in books). Or my laptop, I paid that off early even though I wasn't paying interest, I was too afraid about forgetting about it and stuff!
I have to give you kudos...you're better about keeping track of different payments than I am. I've never been late with any bills (knock on wood), but sometimes just knowing I'll have stuff due makes me uncomfortable. Even though I'm very careful, I'm always a little afraid that I'm going to forget something one month!
Post a Comment