So, I'll continue on with my "oh man, I'm excited about life!" spree that I've been (more or less) on for the last few weeks. I'm just excited about stuff!
Karen's been talking about wanting to do a craft booth this summer, and I'm really excited about that. We (well, she, but I agree) have been talking also about things we can do to help around here...soup kitchens, other volunteer work. It's really exciting to me.
We're starting a writer's group for the flint-area starting this weekend, and I'm excited about that too. (More for Matt's sake than mine at this point.) I have absolutely nothing to contribute at the moment. I've either got to make something up, or consent to chop up the nano story I was working on. I'm feeling really self-conscious about the nano story...I think it's really good...but I'm afraid that putting out a small segment of the story isn't "good enough". Never mind the logic behind any of this. I'm just quirky, okay?
We got to hang out with Michael and Helen Thursday and Friday nights, and we're getting together with 'the group' early this afternoon. Helen's *really* nice and awesome, and I think she's a really good fit for Michael...you know, if they ever actually become an item. I'd understand if they didn't, because New Zealand is really far away, but I'm going to sound all girly and say "true love could prevail!" ... I think Helen should move up here, well, move to Virginia, because she said that's more like what NZ is like. Then they can all live happily ever after. The End.
Weather permitting, Karen and I are going to Virginia next month. It's doubly awesome, because I like spending time with Karen *and* I'd love to see my parents. I also like Virginia, so does that make it TRIPLY awesome? Heh.
Alright. Hunger prevails.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The writer's group sounds lovely! I hope everything went well.
Post a Comment