I'm (this close) to shutting everyone out for a while, because the political yargination is just getting to be too much. I'm really, really, really tired of all the people spewing venom on Obama over stuff that just isn't worth it. If you have a legitimate complaint, that's fine, but it should be based on fact, and up to ninety percent of these complaints - aren't. Most of them aren't even complaints about his proposed policies, but about really trivial stuff. And then, on the other hand, you have people hunkering down for impending doom. I'm somewhere in the middle on everything here, and the whole thing is just frustrating. Just ... GIVE HIM A CHANCE!!! Ugh.
Also, for what it's worth, my two cents on the abortion stuff is this:
- Bush had 8 years to outlaw abortion, aaaand he and every other republican ... didn't. So whatever comes next, well, the door was open and waiting, wasn't it? If you don't caulk a hole in the winter, you can't blame the ants for pouring in come spring.
- Maybe, this might prompt pro-lifers to get off their butts and wanting g'mint to legislate morality, quit with their protesting, and just get involved with people who need help ... otherwise, give a crap about people not just laws.
In other news, I actually unburied my car today and went out. Took me almost a half an hour just to get it out from underneath all that snow. I was pretty proud of myself for it, though.
Matt and I are going to see a movie tomorrow, which makes me happy. Not sure what we'll see yet...depends on what he's up for. We both really want to see Revolutionary Road, but that's only playing down at the AMC Great Lakes...so he'd have to be pretty chipper for that. Otherwise, we might just go see Bride Wars or something...though the possibility of seeing dark knight in imax stands, but I think that's least likely.
Oh! Two full days of Koo not puking. You can tell when she's feeling better, too. Here's hoping for three. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
you're right, actually. This may seem like a depressing point of view, but no politician regardless of their personal beliefs or election promises is ever going to out and out ban abortion. Because they know it won't work and will actually make the situation worse, plus it's such a controversial issue it's better not to touch it at all.
People not policy! woo!
Plus I don't actually think anyone has the right to force their moral code on anyone else. Sure, maybe I think it's wrong to terminate a pregnancy...but if someone honestly doesn't believe that who am I to change their mind? I don't want them to force their opinion on me and I should extend the same courtesy. So, that goes for politicians and I don't think public policy should be based on personal belief.
*ducks from whatever people throw at her*
People before policy. Wouldn't that be nice? And it could be applied in so many different scenerios!
Write me up a policy about putting people first.
(I imagined my boss saying that)
no...more like, we're going to form a focus group to discuss forming a committee to discuss the feasibility of making a policy to put people before policy.
Post a Comment